Sunday, January 16, 2011

I Just Want To Use Your Love...

For some reason, every time I get in my car I hear the song "Your Love" by The Outfield. I love the song, always have. Takes me back to my video game playing Grand Theft Auto days haha Anywho, I started to really listen to the lyrics and at first I was like, geesh, what a jerk!! Then as I listened I thought, an honest person. Not something you can come by easily in this life. Harry Truman once said, "They call me give 'em hell Harry. All I do is tell them the truth and they say it's giving 'em hell." Have always loved that statement. How true Harry...we can't handle the truth.

There is just something refreshing about BRUTAL honesty upfront. Not...I know I'm gonna get caught honesty or it's about time to be honest honesty. Someone who will look you in the eye and give it to you straight in the first few moments of your getting acquainted period. It's risky, but what a thrill. It can be so refreshing to walk away and not have to play the analyze that game. It doesn't always feel good, but I promise you, that you will respect that person.

It is true what they say about good eye contact. I love to look people in the eyes. If I look away it means I am uncomfortable with the subject or the person. Body language is also a dead give-a-way. The lean says it all, did they lean in or away? I am not talking about romance here. I am talking about understanding people. Not everyone is going to look at you and say..."quit touching me, and back up!" Stop the insanity!! haha Give people their space and know how to recognize when they really, truly want you in it. This is true in life, love and the elevator. ;)

Don't make promises, plans, pottery or anything else that can be broken.

Okay...my thoughts for the night, take them, leave them, lean in or away. I just want to USE your love tonight...it's that simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment